Phoolish.org Directory: A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z



Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Questions for your doctor

Nude Photo

Preparing questions in advance can help patients to have more meaningful discussions with their physicians regarding their conditions. Patients may wish to ask their doctor the following questions regarding coronary artery disease:

1.
I'm worried about my cardiac health because of a family history, but I don't have other risk factors. How often should I get blood work done?

2.
What do you think of unconventional "risk factors" such as CRP and homocysteine measurements?

3.
Will I need to take medication for life if I start on medication to control my disease?

4.
Is there anything I could have done differently, or could be doing differently, to interfere with my disease?

5.
Is it possible to reverse coronary artery disease?

6.
What symptoms should trigger a visit to your office? What symptoms should trigger an emergency 911 call?

7.
What kind of exercise do you recommend?

8.
What kind of dietary choices should I make to reduce my risk of heart attack?

9.
What's a good source for dietary information?

10.
How will you decide if/when I need to undergo a procedure such as stenting or bypass surgery?

11.
Are my children at increased risk because of my disease?

No comments: